Saturday 31 July 2010

McFly The Nest

Anyone who's known me for longer than perhaps 24 hours will be lucky to hear me recount the "good old days" when I was 15 and literally did nothing other than be in love with McFly. I honestly couldn't explain to you now what it was about those 4 twits that really did it for me and a couple of my best friends - but we were unashamedly obsessed. Dougie was my favourite (something which has subconsciously led me to the decision to have a ginger version of Frankie Sandford's haircut...ish), followed by Harry, then Danny then Tom. My love knew no limits: a friend and I found out their address and made a whole 3 visits to lurk outside. I used to wear one of their plectrums as an earring and...the more I think about this the more I want to hate myself. But terrifying stalker tendencies aside, it's pretty clear they were my life for a good year. Sometimes when I rarely hear one of their songs these days it fills me with happiness/nostalgia/the urge to get back into a pair of long shorts and my vans and pretend I'm really cool. However, I have just managed to hear their newest song and all I have to say is "what the McFlying fuck is all that about?" Their whole "thing" was that they played their own instruments and were a boy BAND, not a literal boyband who sing autotuned crap like Party Girl. McFly, you are dead to me. Good job you're all punching above your weight with your current squeezes or else one might have to pity you. How tragic.

If you came away from this only pitying me, and not McFly, don't worry - I don't blame you. Here's some light relief in the form of my favourite video of theirs - comedy genius.

2 comments:

  1. but transylvania is such a goood song! and whats the other one i love called the one with two parts? she falls asleep? LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love it, little sister. But seriously look out their new stuff. It makes me want to hit them over the head with their own perfect thighs. Is this even possible?

    ReplyDelete