Thursday 30 September 2010

Yet Another Disappointment

As you will have perhaps come to realise by now, to me, actors and actresses aren't just that; they're not just people doing their job. Nor are they to many people I'm sure. They're men and women who through the nature of their career put themselves up for ridicule and idolisation. The actors I admire the most, are the ones who most frequently disappoint me as I attempt to rationalise their questionable project choices.

This week, Patrick Wilson has become offender #1. You will know him as the creepy sleaze bag who Juno/Ariadne may or may not castrates in Hard Candy and the owner of the best backside in Hollywood, as exemplified in his marvelous thrusting skills in Little Children and Watchmen. He's geeky without trying to be trendy, suave without becoming either cocky or George Clooney and looks great with Kate Winslet or Malin Akerman's legs wrapped round him (though he would of course look better with mine....NO I will not go there).

He has however decided recently to sully his good name by associating himself with not only The Switch but now this monstrosity, Morning Glory.

Will all of you up there on that pedestal please stop giving me more and more things I have to sidestep in my constant adoring of you? BAD Michael Fassbender (Centurion, Jonah Hex etc.et.c). BAD Carey Mulligan (Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps). BAD Sir Ben Kinglsey (Prince of Persia.) BAD Patrick Wilson. There are other offenders, of course, but these are all I can be bothered to list. It's too depressing otherwise.

I'd love to say I had hope for this film, but the inclusion of a Natasha Bedingfield song in the trailer has destroyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment