Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bros over Hos

Having come down with some kind of cold/chesty cough type thing, I've spent the past 2 days sofa ridden watching our newly purchased Blu Ray boxset of Band of Brothers. My Dad actually met with Spielberg and some others involved in the making of it to discuss what MOD (that's Ministry of Defence to you civies) land, equipment etc. they could use for the making of it which was a massive talking point the next day at school. I'm completely lying on that last part - I didn't talk to anybody at school in 2001 and even if I had, none of my classmates would have then been interested in the news. Anyway, for whatever reason I had never gotten round to watching it until now, nor had I previously enjoyed the Blu Ray experience until yesterday afternoon. And while I'm not 100% sold on Blu Ray advantages just yet (though I'm sure after watching a few more releases which benefit from it, I will be), Band of Brothers has completely stolen my heart. I am now desperate to find a man like Major Richard Winters to settle down with. Not the real Richard Winters cause he's pretty old now, and not Damian Lewis, but someone who exactly resembles Damian Lewis playing Richard Winters. His gingerness, his fierce loyalty, fake American accent, hot bod - the works. Although had Michael Fassbender (expect to hear a LOT more about my infatuation with this man) featured more in it, I may well not have fallen so hard for this guy. Hardcore crushes aside, the cinematography is nothing short of breathtaking, the entire cast's acting is exemplary, and the writing is both hard-hitting and sensitive to the events. I laughed, I cried, I shook my fist at the screen (and apparently I fell in love). What more could you ask from an HBO production?
I am now itching to see The Pacific so here's hoping I can find the readies to shell out for that bad boy on Blu Ray too.

No comments:

Post a Comment