Friday 18 June 2010

Michael Fassbender


Besides having the best name ever, Mr. Fassbender is one of the best looking men around and has also provided incredible performances in 4 of my favourite films from the past couple of years: Eden Lake, Hunger, Fish Tank and Inglourious Basterds. However, following his critical success, it would seem Michael has abandoned his selection of credible roles given his upcoming Jonah Hex, Jane Eyre, Haywire etc. Furthermore, he's now rumoured to be playing Eric Lehnsherr (who later becomes Magneto) in X-Men: First Class. I actually quite enjoy the X-Men films, but it would seem the Bender has gone down the same route as James McAvoy: critical acclaim went to his head and now all he signs up for are the likes of Wanted (McAvoy is also rumoured to be taking on Professor Charles Xavier in the newest installment of X-Men incidentally...) I know it sounds stupid, and I should be pleased for the man that he's clearly being recognised for his talent, but I have a habit of putting people on ridiculous pedestals from which I never allow them to step down. Basically, I can't be bothered reading a bad review about him.

Incidentally, I've now started reading Stephen Ambrose's original book, Band of Brothers and have since become more annoyed at the mini-series. Sgt. Burton Christenson (the role Fassbender plays in the HBO series) features quite a lot in the book, and is one of the key interviewees of the author. All I can do is shake my head at whoever made the decision to cut him out of the show so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment