Monday 14 June 2010

Oh god

I used to really like Rumi Neely (http://fashiontoast.com) until just now when I stumbled upon the featurette on her in this month's Elle. The majority of the things she says she loves are fine (if not a little pretentious at times) until we get to "The TV Show". Her answer? Skins. Yep, that Skins. And I quote: "I can't believe how daring it is; the writing and acting are incredible". I won't deny watching the show myself, and harbouring quite a large crush on both Lily Loveless and Kathryn Prescott, but incredible acting or writing? Proclaimed by someone with such apparent taste? I suppose the stereotyping in the show is lost on America. Perhaps because British humour is generally lost on American viewers, they suppose this show must be the funniest thing on earth because they don't find it funny either? Congratulations Brian Elsey and Jamie Brittain, you've managed to confuse America into appreciating your drivel as art.

1 comment:

  1. woooo you found one flaw in Rumi! 'incredible acting' though is just taking the piss.All Americans seem to like it i've heard so many doing the whole 'wish i was effy/cassie' bullshit.

    ReplyDelete